Monday 10 August 2015

Crotchet, afternoon tea and a shed for the Engineer

On Thursday after work I went along to my local Boutique Haberdashery shop for some crochet and afternoon tea.   
We sat in the window of the shop around a table and got out all our work in progresses; there was everything from blankets to elephants and koala bears.  One lady had brought along the same project as me, the granny stripe blanket from Lucy at attic24.  This lady had got further than me and had done the edging but she wasn't happy with it.  After some discussion with Jane, the workshop leader, the lady un-picked the edging and started it again.  By the end of the session the edging was looking much better and she was much happier.  As I haven't reached the edging yet I was able to learn from her. 
Proper afternoon tea
The afternoon tea was lovely, served by the Vintage Tea room which is next door to boutique habidashery.  I had a scone with jam and cream and got a tiny thrill from pouring my cuppa from a beautiful tea pot into an equaly beautiful cup and saucer. 

An enjoyable time was had by all and I have booked myself onto the next workshop.

Unfortunately I haven't got any photos of what the shop looks like inside, but its full of fabric, yarn, quilting tools, sewing, crochet and knitting patterns and anything else you can think of: its just lovely.

While I was out having fun the Engineer took delivery of his shed.  I have to say we were all very excited about it.  The Teen helped with the unloading of the shed but then decided she had had enough.  When I got home I was able to help put some of the walls up.   Its really easy - it just slots together.  Once we had got into a routine it took us this evening to get over half of the walls done.  This will be our project for the weekend.

Several days later:
 
The Engineer's Shed, protected from the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment