Monday 8 August 2016

Counting my blessings

I haven't been around for a while; life just gets busy sometimes.  At the moment I am counting my blessings, simple things that bless me and my family.
Blessed by flowers from my garden
We have been on a lovely holiday; the Teen went to Guide camp so the Engineer and I went to Wales for a week.  We had a wonderful time: lots of history, industrial history, social history and beautiful countryside.  The Engineer and I were in our element.  We didn't eat flashy food or visit expensive places but we thoroughly enjoyed one another's company and the new places we saw.
A "yarn bombed" tree in Abergavenny Castle - each of the squares was in memory of someone special.
 Below are some photos of our holiday, the weather was typically British - sunshine and showers.  The first one is the view from the patio of our cottage, where we managed to eat breakfast a couple of times and sometimes we were accompanied by a baby robin which would sit on one side of the table and watch us eat.  (sorry no photo of the robin).

Views from our cottage, Cardiff, Blaenarfen Iron works and Tintern 
Railways and Canals
While we enjoyed peace and quiet the Teen was enjoying an active holiday with lots of other young people, Guides and Scouts from all over the country.

The only bit of drawing I have been doing lately is in my sketch book, where I have done a Clematis
These are growing in my garden.
We spent the day today tidying up the garden, clipping back bamboo and weeding.   My rose which I planted last year and which seemed to give up is now growing amazingly well, I have had one flower on it but no more.  Whilst digging today I found two really interesting snail shells (both empty with no one home) which I think I will draw.

What simple things are you blessed by?

No comments:

Post a Comment