Friday 10 April 2015

Compost

What a beautiful afternoon it has been here in Hampshire.  So, taking advantage of the lovely weather I asked the Engineer if he would empty the compost out of the compost bins for me. 



The bins were put together over 3 years ago and have only been emptied of compost once so it was quite a tough job. 

The Engineer tipped the compost onto my newly constructed vegetable beds. 
                       
 
And I dug it in

These are the seeds I am hoping will grow in my garden.  I have already planted the peas in a big pot because none of us in the Su+2 household like peas, except me, and only then when they are raw.
 
 

 
As you can see the beans are starting to germinate and my courgettes are doing well. 

I know there are only 3 courgette plants but I am the only one in the house who likes them so I didn't want to plant too many. 

The first Runner Bean to pop its head up and see the sun.


 
I am not a gardener, but this year I really wanted to grow my own veg, not just because I like veg to eat but because I am hoping to draw it too from germination to seed.

I have already started to draw peas and runner beans as they germinate and I hope I can show you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment