Sunday 12 April 2015

Seeds


I planted my seeds today in the glorious sunshine.  A friend dropped by later and pointed out that I had planted them by colour:  red onion, beetroot and then leeks.   
Praying over my seeds, I did too.

The Engineer planted a climbing rose against a boring bit of wall for me.  The rose is bright pink and fragrant and we will be able to see it from the kitchen windows. 
 
Indoors, my amaryllis is sprouting again. I crocheted the pot cover using a pattern by Lucy at Attic 24. I simply made it taller to fit my pot.  This plant has lovely deep red flowers and I am looking forward to drawing it; I drew it last year and will be interested to see how much I have improved.

 
Roast chicken for dinner, this will do 5 meal portions: the main roast tonight, a small roast put together for my lunch at work on Monday and Chicken carbonara for Monday night's dinner.  I won't boil these bones as I have stock in the freezer already. 
Yum
So, what's on my crochet hook at the moment?  I have several WIPs: a granny square blanket and a top with long sleeves but this scarf is what I am working on right now.  Its from Simply Crochet Magazine and I am doing it in a pretty blue Creative Cotton aran by Rico Design.  Hopefully it will be light enough to wear during our sometimes chilly spring/summer weather. 





No comments:

Post a Comment