Monday 25 May 2015

Bank Holiday

This morning was lovely and bright, the perfect day for pottering in the garden.  As it was so warm and I am hoping there will be no more frosts, I decided to plant out my courgettes and beans. 
I have been putting them outside regularly so they should be hardened off by now.
Courgettes


Runner beans
Whilst I industriously dug, watered and planted the Engineer was at the other end of the garden practicing his welding.

As it was a Bank Holiday we hauled the Teen out of bed and suggested we go out for lunch.  Two burgers and a lasagne later we came home and the Teen went back to her bedroom with a bowl of Doritos and some dip!
The Engineer went into the garden shed at my request, to get out the bamboo to make a frame for the runner beans to climb up.  I knew where the bamboo was but I also know that large spiders lurk in the darkness of the shed and while I don't mind little ones, I do not want to get up close to a big one. 
So I have now watered all I planted and said a little prayer that they would be protected from black fly and slugs. 
The Engineer carried on with his welding and I sat and finished off the colour pencil section of the germinating pea I am drawing.  This is my second attempt and at the moment all has gone well; I am doing the roots in graphite I think this will give a good effect.   If I have finished I will show you on my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment