Friday 15 May 2015

Bargains, Books and Brownies

After lunch today I went for a look around a local charity shop.  I was really pleased to come away with two nice tops.  At least one of my tops at home is starting to show signs of needing to go into the rag pile so one of these will be its replacement. 
I also visited my library and picked up 3 books.  I thought I wasn't really into 'chic lit'; then I discovered  Trisha Ashley.  I have now read all her books and they are brilliant so I decided to give Sophie Kinsella and Jenny Colgan a try.

I've also read the first Robert Galbraith book "The Cuckoos Calling" and enjoyed it, so I was really pleased to see the next in the series "The Silkworm" on the library shelf.  I know Robert Galbraith is the pen name of J K Rowling but I loved the Harry Potter books too and although there isn't a wizard in sight in her Galbraith books, the characters are interesting, believable and the writing is excellent.
The Teen has a friend coming to stay tonight so for a treat I have cooked them chocolate fudge brownies.  I don't think they will last long, especially since they are the Engineer's favourites.
We don't usually have takeaway pizza but just this once ........ 
Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Cooking and charity shopping - What a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete