Tuesday 2 June 2015

Balls!

Balls!
Lots of them.  I was doing so well on my granny strip crochet blanket, thoroughly enjoying the rhythm of the pattern of the colours and the way it was keeping my legs warm as it grew. 

But, then I noticed it wasn’t just growing in length but it was also growing sideways.  A bulge sideways has happened several times and I’ve gone back and unravelled the errant row.  However this time it was too much so I unravelled the whole blanket.  Using my wonderful wool winder it took about an hour and left me with a load of colourful balls. 

I will now draw out the pattern so that I know I understand it properly.  It’s a simple one so I don’t need stitch markers and I shouldn’t be making too many mistakes.  I may get the Engineer to double check my foundation chain; being dyslexic I often need to double and triple check things.  Learning to sew with a sewing machine is especially challenging with all the measuring but the Engineer will usually double check things for me and even the Teen helps now and again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment