Sunday 21 June 2015

Film night(s)


On Thursday I went to the library and picked up a DVD; the plan was to have a family film night, so I found a family film.

I used to watch Paddington as a child and loved the stop frame animation.  I also read the books and Paddington's exploits would make me laugh out loud.

So, to get ready for film night I put together some nibbles.
Guess which bowl was mine?  The Engineer and the Teen shared the Malteasers and I had the chopped strawberries, Kiwi fruit and a chopped Slimming World Hifi bar. 

The Teen also helped herself to some Doritos and dip.  I felt quite smugly healthy.

The film was great.  I was worried it wouldn't have the charm of the stories or the TV series but it did; it was so "British" and so funny.  We did a lot of laughing between munching.  In fact the Teen told me off for laughing too loudly! 

Image result for rush film

Channel 4 showed the film "Rush" on Saturday so I have recorded it; I remember watching Niki Lauda and James Hunt when I was a child.  My dad and I would sit together and he would tell me what was going on during a race, its a nice memory for me.  I watch Formula 1 today and enjoy it, but these days it seems to depend on team strategy and real time information rather than amazing driving.  That's not to say that those who race now aren't amazing drivers - they are, but it would be good to see them really be able to race rather than having to "lift and coast" to save fuel or short shift to save a gear box.  The Teen said she might watch Rush with us as James Hunt is played by Chris Hemsworth (think Thor) and she is a bit of a fan. So maybe there is another film night coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment