Sunday 7 June 2015

Garden Show

Yesterday we went to the Stansted Park garden show.  The Engineer and I have been to Stansted before just to look around the house and grounds, but this was our first visit to the garden show. 
We wanted to be there by the opening time of 10.00 but the Teen had quite some difficultly getting out of bed so we eventually arrived at 11.30. 
There was a queue honest.
We then queued for ages to get in; there was plenty of parking but only one entrance and the cars had to be marshalled into two separate fields slowing everything down.  The weather was sunny and the setting lovely so we didn't mind the delay.  Unfortunately I don't have very many photos as my phone was playing up.  Needless to say there were plants for sale everywhere and most of the seasoned attendees had crates on wheels to put their purchases in.  There was also a shopping crèche where you could leave your purchases while you walked around.

Stansted Garden Show 2015
The is a photo from the Stanstead Park web site.
We had brought a picnic with us and after a while managed to get a table in one the café tents and had a cup of tea with our food, except, of course, for the Teen, who claimed she wasn't hungry.  We wondered around admiring the plants, tools in the case of the Engineer,  garden furniture, clothes, hats, food and everything else.  There were loads of garden sculptures too, but again I've got no photos, sorry.
Garden swing seat, and the Teen
 I loved the art tents and admired the work and the jewellery.  The Teen's favourite bit was the outdoor pizza oven where we purchased a freshly made margarita for her.  After some hot food she was much happier. 
The Dr didn't make an appearance
We went into the food tent and tasted cheese, fudge, pickles and bought some sweets and fudge. All the while there was the smell of cooking sausages, burgers, paella, pulled pork, pizza.  We could have eaten far too much just in free samples!  Instead, we made our way to the Pavilion restaurant and had tea and cake before heading home. 

An unusual vase in the restaurant
The Pavilion Restaurant, I can recommend the rich chocolate cake.
Blue skies all day.
We had a good time and I am sure we didn't see all that we could have seen and as I took a hat with me but didn't wear it, I have mild sunburn on my neck and face: my own daft fault! 

No comments:

Post a Comment