Sunday 19 July 2015

A Rose and a Completed Thumbergia

I went for a walk this morning; it was beautifully sunny with a cool breeze.  I didn't walk quickly but strolled and enjoyed the quiet.  I admired the many gardens I passed but as I was walking down an alley I saw this amazing rose sticking up from all the greenery.
It was a pop of colour amid a vast range of greens and yellows. 

I have completed my Thumbergia in colour pencil.  I am not very happy with the leaf as I think I got distracted by the details rather than seeing the whole thing.  The inside of the flower isn't quite right either.
Thumbergia Lemon
Did you figure out what my new tool was for?  I use a rotary pencil sharpener and sometimes the pencil point breaks off and blocks the sharpener.  I have to undo the sharpener and this is where I have problems.  I often don't have the strength in my fingers to undo it.  So the Engineer made me a spanner.............
It works............
............brilliantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment