Friday 31 July 2015

Very clean runner beans.

I decided to replenish my supply of home made black fly killer the other day.  Its just a mixture of water and washing up liquid as I really don't want to use pesticides.  So I mixed up a new batch and filled up my bottle. 
Unfortunately I had just cleaned the sink with home made cleaner which uses white wine vinegar, lemon juice water and washing up liquid. 

I was distracted by something (I can't remember what) and I then went outside and sprayed my beans; it was only as I was walking back to the house that I realised I was carrying the wrong bottle.  My beans were covered in cleaning solution!
I grabbed the hose and washed the bean plants off and I think there was no damage except to the black flies.  So I now have the cleanest runner bean plants in the street.

The cleaner bottle has a list of ingredients on it but now my black killer bottle is now clearly marked.


I have been to the gym 3 times this week and discovered that I enjoyed it.  But my knees do not like the exercise bike or the cross trainer, however the recumbent exercise bike is fine. 

After work I took myself off to lunch at Lily's in Wickham and had a delicious cup of coffee (not my usual tipple) and some wonderful creamed spinach and mushrooms on toast topped with goat's cheese. 


Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment