Saturday 11 July 2015

Kitchen Garden, a Thumbergia Lemon in colour pencil and a new tool

My small kitchen garden is growing well. 
Courgettes
I have had to pollinate the female courgette flowers with some male flowers I had growing in the kitchen as there were no males outside. 
Runner beans
The runner beans are now flowering.  I am fighting the black fly by spraying them with a solution of water and washing up liquid as well as scraping them off with my fingers: yuck. There are some teeny tiny beans beginning to grow.


I pulled up three beetroots to have with my dinner.  I love beetroot; the Engineer and the Teen don't, so they are all for me.


I steamed them in the microwave with some runner beans (from the shop).
Home made faggots and Slimming world chips, with home-grown beetroot.  Yummy.
I am doing a colour pencil drawing of a Thumbergia Lemon.  Its growing in my garden at the moment and I thought is was so lovely with deep purple heart and bright yellow petals. It seems to me to be a "happy" flower.
 
Work in progress
I need to deepen the colour especially in the middle.  Its not very big so hopefully it shouldn't take me too long. 

Made for me today by The Engineer
The Engineer made me two of these today (he said it was as easy to make two as to make one).  They are about 8cm long.  Can you guess what they are for?  Hint: I'll use them when I'm drawing.


No comments:

Post a Comment