Sunday 20 September 2015

My day

What a beautiful day it was today, warm with a gentle breeze.  Not like autumn at all, hooray!

I had a healthy breakfast:
A handful of strawberries and raspberries with a sliced banana and some shredded wheat crumbled on top.  Just add a pot of fat free yoghurt, yummy.

Then I hung out the washing: it was a little misty outside to start with but I hoped that would burn off.
Next I prepared another meal to go in the large slow cooker, once cooked it will be portioned up and frozen for later.

While the slow cooker was gurgling away I popped to the local garden centre.  I had a cup of tea whilst sitting in the sun and then bought some cyclamen, beautiful colours and interesting leaves.  The only down side was the Christmas decorations that were on sale, yes I said Christmas decorations!  No wonder this year is seeming to speed by, retailers are blending one season into another. 
It was so sunny that my sedum, which is usually covered in bees of one kind or another, was visited by a butterfly which stayed long enough for me to get a photograph.
While all my business was going on the Engineer was finishing putting the shingles on the roof of his shed.

All in all a busy and productive day.  I even started to do a pepper in colour pencil .....watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment