Thursday 26 November 2015

Cooking and a Curly Leaf

As last weekend was so cold I spent it washing (or rather the machine did) cooking and drawing.  I love my slow cooker; I batch cooked Caribbean pepper pot stew, beef bourguignon and chicken curry.  There are two meals for two in each batch so these will be our ready meals when we are home late.  I also did a delicious roast (the Engineer's words, not mine) and used up the remaining butternut squash from the pepper pot stew, roasting it with the potatoes - yummy.  With enough of everything left over for my lunch at work and for another chicken based meal for two at home later in the week, it all worked out rather well. 
 
I have been doing a leaf in pen and ink and am quite enjoying it.  Although I know it’s a curly leaf, I’m not sure anyone else looking at it would see that. 
 
 
We also took the Teen into town to get a new mobile phone and new contract.  Luckily I was able to slip away to the library for a little bit as the choices are diverse.  Happily the Teen is quite sensible at times and we told her how much things were costing - how can she know the value of money if she doesn’t know what the costs of things are?  She now has a new phone and a reasonable contract for a phone with an i in front of it so she is extra happy!  Oh, the power of the media. 
 
We had our first proper frost this week too; I had to scrape the car before venturing on the roads.  Out came the hat gloves and scarf - finally a touch of winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment