Sunday 1 November 2015

Pen and Ink workshop

I have had a very nice weekend.  I spent two days at a pen and ink drawing workshop in Bosham.  I have never used pen and ink before so it was all new and very exciting. 
There were some beautiful dried things to choose from as subjects and I went for a poppy seed head.
Not a good photo, but you get the idea


One day, before lunch, the "chef" had just chopped the onions when there was a power cut that lasted about an hour and a half so the chef went out and got fish and chips and very nice they were too, along with pickled onions and gherkins. 

We were supplied with plenty of biscuits and a slice of black forest gateaux to keep our energy levels up; In fact at one stage you could have heard a pin drop we were all concentrating so hard, very unusual. 

The final image is my completed piece.

It was, as usual, a very good workshop with excellent teaching and food.  The only thing I found frustrating was I didn't feel I could get as much detail in as I would have liked so next time I do some pen and ink I will use a finer nib.

No comments:

Post a Comment